Prison sentence for gang rapist over arson threat

first_imgNewsLocal NewsPrison sentence for gang rapist over arson threatBy admin – January 31, 2013 1020 A CONVICTED gang rapist who first came before the courts when he was just 13 years old, has been sentenced to three years in prison for threatening to “burn out” the house of Euro Millions winner Delores McNamara’s sister in July 2011. Thomas O’Neill (24) of The Meadows, Murroe was part of a gang of youths that raped a woman in Cratloe Woods in 2003 and he was given a 10 year sentence aged just 16. At Limerick Circuit Court this week O’Neill and his 26-year-old co-accused, Dean Hehir of Collins Avenue, Ballinacurra Weston pleaded guilty to making threats to cause criminal damage to Jennifer McCarthy outside her then home at Speakers Corner, Hyde Road.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Judge Carroll Moran was told that Dean Hehir issued a threat to “kill and burn out you and your kids” to Ms McCarthy while Thomas O’Neill further threatened to “burn out” the home of her mother, Deirdre O’Donovan, a sister of Euromillions winner Delores McNamara.There was no follow-up to the threats and there was no evidence of ill will between the two men and Ms McCarthy since then.Judge Moran said that a three-year sentence was appropriate but agreed to impose a suspended sentence on Dean Hehir.Thomas O’Neill, who has been on remand since January 12, was given a three-year sentence, but Judge Moran suspended only the final 18 months taking into account Mr O’Neill’s “very bad record”.The sentence was backdated to the date  of O’Neill’s remand and both men were bound to the peace for three years. WhatsApp Twitter Print Linkedincenter_img Facebook Email Previous articleActing FAST to save livesNext articleMilford Hospice faces staff cuts admin Advertisementlast_img read more

Miss Dominica 2020 Contestants Prepare for Spectacular Show

first_imgEntertainmentLifestyleLocalNews Miss Dominica 2020 Contestants Prepare for Spectacular Show by: – November 22, 2019 Sharing is caring! Share The 2020 Queen Contestants Retreat was held from November 15-17, 2019 at the L Residence Le Flambuste, Layou Park with a theme titled “An Enchanting, Electrifying Journey Through Pageantry”.The retreat incorporated a series of  lectures and  activities  and  the objectives leaned on pageant protocol, preparation  and  etiquette.This retreat takes place annually and is seen as a means of solidifying that fact that the young ladies are fully ready to go out there and present themselves as contestants for the Miss Dominica Pageant.During the weekend gathering the ladies covered topics to include Pageant 101, The Journey andFashion 101, Devotions, Village and Community Presentations, Yoga, Do It Yourself Make UpSession, Journeying with God, Building Confidence & Positive Thinking, Public Conversations,Pageant Wardrobe, Overcoming Pageant Anxiety and Stress, Team Building, Affirmations,Preparation for Interviews, Talent Preparation & Judging Criteria.Facilitators included Miss Dominica 2019, Miss Marisol John, Carton Lanquedoc, Dr ShaniShillingford, Mr. Steve Hyacinth, Mrs. Kurshner Telemacque Rabess, and Mr. Samuel who is aYoga Instructor, and Chairperson of the Queen Show Committee alongside select members.On a whole the weekend retreat was dubbed   a   great   success.   The   retreat allowed the contestants to enhance their skills    as    it    relates    to    a deeper understanding of self- image issues and an empathic approach to building confidence and poise and to embrace their   individuality    and    look    inward without fear or anxiety.Overall the ladies have an all-inclusive 2020 schedule that is focused on talent review and coordination, walking session, review of swimwear, costume and evening gown details as well as communication session on local, regional and international highlights.The photoshoot for the Miss Dominica Carnival Queen Pageant will take place thisupcoming weekend.The Miss Dominica Pageant is carded for Thursday 20 February 2020 at Carnival City. Tweetcenter_img Share 586 Views   no discussions Sharelast_img read more

Klay Thompson seen with LeBron James on ‘Space Jam 2’ set

first_imgThompson sustained the injury during Game 6 of the NBA Finals earlier in June, with an MRI later confirming his ACL was torn. It was a brutal end to the season, which saw the Warriors lose Game 6 and the NBA title to the Raptors.”Space Jam 2″ has started filming all around Los Angeles and is expected to feature as much star power as the first film. However, both Stephen Curry and Giannis Antetokounmpo declined to be part of the movie.Curry said he already had prior commitments and Antetokounmpo stated he didn’t want to be distracted from his training. Space Jam 2 filming is underway. Hitting the court & set with LeBron looks to be Anthony Davis, Dame Lillard, Klay Thompson & Draymond Green.📸 🎥 @TMZ_Sports #Lakers #LakeShow #NBA #SpaceJam2 pic.twitter.com/ocb0GdlVpk— LakeShowWorld (@LakeShowWorld) June 27, 2019Thompson long had been rumored to be part of the project, along with teammate Draymond Green, Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard, and James’ new teammate Anthony Davis.Most were seen on set with Thompson and James. Related News Lakers trade rumors: Los Angeles’ talks to clear cap space ‘have gone nowhere’ A torn ACL won’t keep Klay Thompson from being part of “Space Jam 2.”The Warriors star was seen on crutches meeting with LeBron James on the set of the movie, per TMZ Sports. Magic Johnson looks into crystal ball, dissects 2020 Lakers Stephen Curry reveals why he turned down ‘Space Jam 2’ The cast of Space Jam 2 will include:• Anthony Davis• Damian Lillard• Nneka Ogwumike• Chiney Ogwumike• Chris Paul• Diana Taurasi• Klay Thompson(via multiple reports) pic.twitter.com/Tphu9U40F9— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 20, 2019According to TMZ, the scene was set for an All-Star Game, although it’s unclear how Thompson’s role will be revamped with him injured and on crutches.last_img read more