National Lottery Awards 2013 seek public’s favourite Lottery-funded good cause

first_img About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. Howard Lake | 7 February 2013 | News National Lottery Awards 2013 seek public’s favourite Lottery-funded good cause www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards The annual National Lottery Awards are seeking nominations for “the UK’s favourite Lottery-funded good causes”.The Awards are open to projects that have been funded by the National Lottery. The finalists benefit from considerable publicity with 2.7 million people watching the awards ceremony on BBC One last year.The cash prize of £2,000 is not quite on that scale, but could prove a useful addition to a local project. Advertisement AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Tagged with: Awards Big Lottery Fund National Lottery To nominate a project simply explain how National Lottery funding has “helped it to improve or enrich the lives or communities of the people it works with”.  28 total views,  1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThislast_img read more

Former premier targets two TV journalists with sexist tweet

first_imgNews May 21, 2021 Find out more March 25, 2016 Former premier targets two TV journalists with sexist tweet Follow the news on Slovenia RSF_en Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EU June 2, 2021 Find out more Six press freedom NGOs ask the European Commission to respond publicly to Slovenian Prime Minister’s attacks on the media News Two women journalists with state-owned RTV Slovenia were the targets of a sexist insult posted this week on Twitter by Janez Janša, who heads the right-wing Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS), now in opposition, and who was Slovenia’s prime minister twice.Reporter Eugenija Carl and programme director Mojca Šetinc Pašek “prostitute themselves” on their Facebook page for 30 and 35 euros respectively, Janša said in his below-the-belt tweet on 21 March.It was prompted by a report on RTV Slovenia’s daily news programme claiming that three senior SDS members had for the past eight months been subscribers to a neo-Nazi Facebook group called “Death Legions.” The group renamed itself “We condemn communism” in the wake of the TV report.One of the three named SDS members is a European Union human rights official. Another is vice-president of the National Council of the Republic. And the third is a member of the parliamentary commission for security and intelligence services. All three said they unaware of being subscribers to this Facebook group and suggested that their accounts had been hacked. The allegations came at a time of mounting nationalism exacerbated by the European migrant crisis.This is not the first time Janša has attacked a journalist verbally. He described the journalist Erik Valencic as a “potential terrorist” in a tweet addressed to the CIA in January 2015. And he attacked journalist Gordana Stojilkovic over her Serbian-sounding first name in January of this year.The Slovenian media have voiced support for Carl and Pašek, who say they plan to sue Janša. March 16, 2021 Find out more to go further Two women journalists with state-owned RTV Slovenia were the targets of a sexist insult posted this week on Twitter by Janez Janša, who heads the right-wing Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS), now in opposition, and who was Slovenia’s prime minister twice. Help by sharing this information Public media independence under threat in the Czech Republic and Slovenia Organisation Europe – Central AsiaSlovenia WomenInternet News Receive email alerts Europe – Central AsiaSlovenia WomenInternet Newslast_img read more

Planned 2020 shutdown for Davis-Besse nuclear plant raises questions concerning site’s cleanup

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Toledo Blade:It’s back to the drawing board for FirstEnergy Corp. and its subsidiary, FirstEnergy Solutions, now that a federal bankruptcy judge has struck down an important part of the utility company’s proposed restructuring plan.The plan attempted to free the parent company of liability for mounting losses for the division of the firm that controls FirstEnergy’s unprofitable coal-fired and nuclear power plants in Ohio and Pennsylvania, including the Davis-Besse nuclear plant in Ottawa County.FirstEnergy Solutions, which has been assigned to take on the debt and operations of those plants, responded by saying it expects to submit a revised disclosure statement for its reorganization plan. The filing will be with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Akron overseeing its Chapter 11 restructuring.FirstEnergy Solutions also wants to assure Ohio and Pennsylvania residents that Thursday’s ruling by Judge Alan Koschik has no impact on the company’s operations or its ability to continue delivering safe and reliable energy.That’s good news for Davis-Besse’s 700-employee workforce and the Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District that has relied on property tax revenue generated by the plant since it went online 42 years ago, on April 22, 1977. But the long-term outlook for that plant and others managed by FirstEnergy Solutions remains hazy at best. Davis-Besse remains set to close for good no later than May 31, 2020, unless a buyer or a bailout emerges.Critics from both parties have been fiercely determined to let the situation play out on its own without a bailout or market reforms, some claiming such efforts are acts of socialism.More: Davis-Besse remains in limbo after bankruptcy judge strikes down FirstEnergy plan Planned 2020 shutdown for Davis-Besse nuclear plant raises questions concerning site’s cleanuplast_img read more

OVERTIME

first_img:09—If you have any doubt about how good “Overtime” really is just ask my man Joe Hall. He’s reading every week, and now he’s in “The Locker Room. Now run tell that!:08—The last minute of the Pitt Cincinnati game might be the worst time management ever seen on a football field. With possession of the ball and no timeouts and a chance to tie the game and go into overtime Pitt never spiked the ball to stop the clock, ran the ball twice and threw twice…all inbounds…c’mon man!!!:07—Speaking of football coaches…actually I wasn’t but you Langley Grads don’t know that. After all your school didn’t win a football game all season…huh? Anyway back to the coach, Coach George Webb that is, The Legendary Headmaster of recent Westinghouse Bulldog Fame. His legacy has been further imbedded in Pittsburgh folklore with the coming of the George A Webb, Sr. Learning Institute and Museum coming soon to a Homewood spot near you. A fine fundraiser was given by the Webb Family at where else…The Savoy.:06—Speaking of the Savoy…and I really was this time, (see you Langley people catch on quick) did you know if you get a parking ticket on Penn Avenue in and around The Savoy between 5-9 p.m. the Savoy will pay the ticket. Now that’s what I am talking about. To quote the cop in the Malcolm X Movie, “That’s too much power for one Black man to have”… C’mon Chuck!:05—Speaking of movies, this is a great time for a movie review and if there was a good movie out I’d tell you about it. Nothin but all that Halloween vampire and blood & guts stuff. You know Jason, Freddie and them. I got you next week.:04—Not that anyone is surprised but the ladies from the Courier were all no-shows at the First Friday Par-Tay. It’s amazing how much Pamela Anderson can upset some Black Women. Get over it ladies it was only a list.:03—Penguins…Crosby still not playing. That’s all I got! No matter, that’s all you got and you know it.:02—Champions Calendar, coming down the stretch:•Rev. Duane A. Darkins Senior Citizen Thanksgiving Dinner— Sat. Nov 19. If you want to sponsor a senior or help, call us 412-628-4856.•First Friday Par-Tay—Dec. 2—Special guest Cheyney University Pittsburgh Alumni Association, also Rayco “War” Saunders and the Pittsburgh United Rams Corvette Club—It’s the Xmas Par-Tay everyone wears Red!•Willie Stargell MVP Awards Banquet—Mon. December 5 LeMont Restaurant, Honoring the Great Sam Clancy, European basketball star J.R. Holden, Evan Frazier, Reggie Mitchell and others— tickets going fast, only 250 seats available. Call us at 412-628-4856.:01—Here’s the Ultimate Top (10) List…The Greatest Athletes of All Time…Any sport.1. Muhammad Ali 2. Jim Brown 3. Wilt Chamberlain 4. Michael Jordon 5. Pele 6. Jack Nicklaus 7. Tiger Woods 8. Hank Aaron 9. Babe Ruth 10. Any Olympic Decathlon ChampionThink yours is better? You know the drill, mail it to me…I said mail it! 416 Springdale Drive, Suite 33, Pgh, PA 15235.˜OVERTIME˜:00 –Get out of Penn State now!!!! More on this story next week!˜DOUBLE OVERTIME˜:00—Our prayers and condolences go out to the family of Joe Frazier who lost his battle with liver cancer. “Smokin Joe,” you were the man that brought down “The Greatest”….That makes you “The Greatest” too!~ Game Over ~ :10—Mama—There goes that man again! That man is J.T. yea that’s right J.T.’s Rib Joint in the news again. Mmmaaaannnn they were dancing in the street Sunday night at the Rib Joint. J.T. bused in a rowdy bunch of Raven believers from Baltimore and the last time I looked they were having so much fun the bus was still parked there.last_img read more

Matthey Hayden reveals MS Dhoni’s reaction when he first saw the Mongoose bat

first_imgImage Courtesy: FPJ/Getty/The HinduAdvertisement wsNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsbixk7gpWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eb3l( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) s0zs9Would you ever consider trying this?😱7Can your students do this? 🌚c6Roller skating! Powered by Firework The famous ‘Mongoose Bat’ entered the global cricket scene with creating a huge uproar. The bat with a shorter blade and longer handle, wielded by none other than the former Aussie hall of fame Matthey Hayden, was an object of desire for many fans. The former Chennai Super Kings stalwart was ruthless against bowlers with the bat, however, it earned a little slack from a fellow cricketer, and it was none other than Mahendra Singh Dhoni!Advertisement Image Courtesy: FPJ/Getty/The HinduWith the absence of cricket action in the COVID-19 lock down, many current and former cricketers are taking to social media to engage with the fans. In a recent interview with anchor Rupa Ramani, Matthew Hayden recalled his Indian Premier League days, revealed the reaction he got when first using the mongoose bat from his captain.“I will give you anything you want in life, to not use this bat. Please do not use this bat,” Mahi had said to Hayden after seeing the mongoose, the 48 year old said in the interview session. Check it out below-Advertisement Dhoni’s negative reaction to the mongoose came when Hayden started using it in the 2010 IPL season. The bat, with its 43% longer handle and 33% shorter blade made it lethal for aggressive batting.However, the former Aussie opening batsman had defended the mongoose against Dhoni’s scepticism, saying, “I am using this bat for practice for about a year and a half and when it hits the middle of the bat it goes 20 meters further.”CSK, who lifted their third IPL trophy in 2010, saw a spectacular batting performance from Hayden wielding the mongoose, who scored 346 runs in that season.“The mongoose product was a step in the right direction and it was a brave and courageous decision to use it and for a couple of times when I used I just loved it,” Hayden added.Even though the bat had gained a huge amount of popularity a decade ago, it was ineffective in defensive play, and following Hayden’s retirement, the mongoose became an extinct choice for batsman.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comAlso read-You won’t believe MS Dhoni’s brand new lockdown look!Ian Chappell: India are well equipped to handle Australian conditions! Advertisementlast_img read more

Neptunes surprise coaching staff with third-place finish in Castlegar

first_imgThe Nelson Neptunes shot of the team standing ladder to finish third at the Castlegar Aquanauts swim meet Sunday in the Sunflower City.Host Castlegar used home pool advantage to edge second place Grand Forks and the Neptunes for the overall title.”We are happy with our overall placing and hope to maintain it for Regionals which will be coming up in just a few weeks,” said head coach Cynthia Pfeiffer.”Considering the training that the swimmers endured this week, these results were not expected at all,” Pfeiffer added. Kallie Badry’s 50 meter breaststroke Cameron Bibby-Fox, Arjun Bhabra, Olivia Cowan and Ohia Wintraub’s 100 meter freestyle all of our relays – this was the first meet where we had no disqualifications on any of or relayscenter_img Jaylen Rushton, in Division two girls and Ohia Wintraub, in Division four girls, each won silver.Matthew Holitzki, Sage Cowan and Sam Matthew, in Division four boys, Division six girls and O-Cat Boys, each won bronze, respectively.Coaches Cynthia Pfeiffer, won gold and Rebecca Afford took silver in Division eight women’s.”(Neptunes) trained incredibly hard all week, but all the swimmers were still able to get significant best times  — some taking off as much as 25 seconds from their previous times,” Pfeiffer said.Some of those incredible times included: Nava Sachs’ 200 meter IM Mile relay (1600 meter)  – Sage Cowan, Nava Sachs, Hannah Malenfant, Ohia Wintraub, Olivia Cowan, Samuel Matthew, Matthew Holitzki, and Joanna Blishen finished third with a time of 18:21Pfeiffer said the Neptunes have one more week of hard, sprint-focused training before entering the  “taper” or rest portion of training.”We have next weekend off, the Kimberley meet, and finally Regionals during the August long-weekend,” she said.last_img read more

Nitros fall short at Cyclone Taylor Cup, drop 6-5 decision to Storm in Final

first_imgThe Kimberley Dynamiters came within one game, within one goal of capturing a BC Junior B Hockey Championship.Gage Colpron had three assists to spark the Campbell River Storm to a 6-5 victory over Kimberley in the Junior B Hockey Final of the Cyclone Taylor Cup Monday in Mission City.The Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League Champs, which defeated Kimberley for the second time in the tournament, now represent BC at the Keystone Cup April 16-19 at Cold Lake, Alta.Host Mission City Outlaws blasted North Vancouver Wolfpack 7-0 in the Bronze Medal Game earlier in the day.The difference for the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League reps was a shaky defence that had been the cornerstone of the team’s success throughout the post season. Leading 3-2 after 40 minutes, the Storm scored three times in a span of 10 minutes to take a 6-3 lead with six minutes remaining in the third period.Trent Johnson, Michael Olson and Trevor Bottomley scored to blow the game open.Jason Richter, named the tournament MVP, cut the lead to 6-4 with two minutes remaining before Jordan Busch made it a one-goal game in the final minute.However, Kimberley could not get the equalizer past Jesse Michel in the Storm nets.Dawson Frank, Dane Feeney and Nathan Browne also scored for Campbell River, who went undefeated in the tournament.Jordan Roy, Keenan Haase also scored for the Nitros.Richter finished the game with three points for Kimberley while Braden Saretsky, Alex Rosolowsky and Haase all had two points in the game for Kimberley.Kimberley outshot Campbell River 25-22 as Tyson Brouwer, named Most Inspirational Player of the Tournament, took the loss in goal.TOURNAMENT NOTES: Campbell River brought the Cyclone Taylor Cup back to the Island for the first time since the Peninsula Panthers won the title in 2011. . . .This is the sixth Cyclone title for the VIJHL and second for the Campbell River Storm. The last BC Championship was one by the Storm in 1999. . . .Gage Colpron of the Storm won the tournament scoring title with four goals and four assists. Bryce Pislak of Mission City was second with seven points while Jason Richter of Kimberley finished in a six-way tie for third with five points. . . . Kimberley opened with a 2-1 win over Mission City before dropping a 6-5 OT decision to Campbell River. The Dynamiters advanced to the final by defeating North Van 5-4 in overtime. Richter scored the winner at 4:54 of the second extra time period. . . . Nelson’s Sawyer Hunt finished the tournament with a goal in three games.last_img read more