Ante Rados resigned as director of the Zadar Tourist Board

first_imgToday, Ante Rados, after 2.4 years at the helm of the Zadar Tourist Board, resigned at his own request from the position of director of the Zadar Tourist Board and agreed to terminate his duties in the Zadar Tourist Board.According to the statement, the reasons why Rados decided to resign are personal. ” I would like to point out that I accepted this responsible position by respecting its importance and complexity, and I acted accordingly by giving my best. Precisely out of the desire to enable our City from this position even better and more, I think it is time for a change at the head of the Tourist Board. The started projects and activities will be realized smoothly within the set deadlines, and I am sure, and very soon, we will be recognized for what we have done. ” Rados pointed out and thanked everyone for their cooperation during his tenure as director of the Zadar Tourist Board, without going into details and the real reasons for his resignation.Radas has been in this position since April 2016, and under pressure and dissatisfaction from the professional public, there has been talk of resignation for a long time. It is a bit irresponsible to leave the office of the Zadar Tourist Board without a helm in the middle of the season, but that is in Radas’s soul.Related news:LOCALS OF PETRČAN WANT SEPARATION OF PETRČAN FROM THE ZADAR TOURIST BOARDlast_img read more

Ebola deaths mount in Sierra Leone

first_img Share Sharing is caring! Share HealthInternationalLifestylePrint Ebola deaths mount in Sierra Leone by: – July 11, 2014 Tweetcenter_img 55 Views   no discussions The WHO said Sierra Leone accounted for 32 new cases of Ebola and 15 deaths between 6-8 JulyHigh numbers of new cases of the Ebola virus are being reported in Sierra Leone and Liberia, with 19 deaths over three days this week, the UN’s World Health Organization (WHO) says.Such figures showed that it was a race against time to control the epidemic in Sierra Leone, medical charity MSF said.In total there have been 539 deaths in West Africa since the outbreak began in neighbouring Guinea in February.Regional leaders have now agreed to set up a fund to combat its spread.At a summit of the regional body Ecowas in Ghana on Thursday, Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan agreed to contribute $3m (£1.8m) to the fund.Ebola spreads through contact with an infected person’s bodily fluids and there is no vaccine or cure.It kills up to 90% of those infected but if patients receive early treatment, they have a better chance of survival.‘Precarious’The WHO statement said that Sierra Leone had accounted for 32 new cases and 15 deaths, while Liberia reported 11 new cases and four deaths.There had been two deaths and one new infection recorded between 6-8 July in Guinea, where it said the community transmission rate was low.“The epidemic trend in Liberia and Sierra Leone remains precarious with high numbers of new cases and deaths being reported,” it said.The cases in Sierra Leone are centred in Kailahun and Kenema districts, and in Liberia’s Lofa and Montserrado counties, the WHO said.The Ebola death rate in Guinea – where specialised health workers have been working since February – has slowedMedecins Sans Frontieres said its teams in eastern Sierra Leone were “racing against time to stop the spread of the disease”.“We’re under massive time pressure: the longer it takes to find and follow up with people who have come in contact with sick people, the more difficult it will be to control the outbreak,” MSF emergency co-ordinator Anja Wolz said in a statement.“We still have no idea how many villages are affected. I’m afraid we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg.”The disease creates fear within communities and sick people are often stigmatised so experts believe the key to stopping the spread of the virus is to make sure affected communities understand it better.“Families can be driven out of their villages, and sick people can be cast out to die on their own,” said Ms Wolz.The WHO gathers data on confirmed, probable and suspected cases and deaths in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.So far in the West African outbreak there have been 888 cases.BBC News Sharelast_img read more

Bulldogs CC Results At Jennings County

first_imgBatesville traveled to Muscatatuck County Park last night to compete in the 11-team Big Blue Cross Country Invitational hosted by Jennings County. Although leaving the high school to head that way, we were unsure if the rain was going to hinder the meet or not. But, when we got there, the weather was nearly perfect for a 5K race and the Bulldogs took advantage of that as we had 19 Bulldogs run a personal best time!  The girls took home the championship trophy winning by almost 20 points as the boys were runner up to a tremendously fast Jennings County team.  Top three teams for the night for the girls were: Batesville-32, Jennings County-51, and Madison-91.  On the boys side it was Jennings County-20, Batesville-55 and Southwestern(Hanover)-77.Individually, awards were given to the top 25 in each race.  Tonight because of the threat of storms, they ran all the boys together in one race and did the same for the girls instead of having separate varsity and JV races.  This allowed for our boys to have 8 finish in the top 25 to receive awards and they were: Nathan Eckstein-24th (18:15), Christopher Laymon-22nd (18:07), John Thompson-20th (18:05), Quinten Gowdy-17th (17:54), Josheph Choi-16th (17:51), Dillon Murray-13th (17:26), Joshua Myers-9th (17:05) and Adam Moster-6th (16:34).The girls finished with 7 in the top 25 and they were: Lexie Huber-23rd (22:49), Trysta Vierling-14th (21:47), Audrey Weigel-11th (21:26), Audrey Maupin-8th (21:13), Emma Gausman-6th (20:41), Haylee Harmeyer-5th (20:32) and Liz Loichinger-2nd (19:47).As I mentioned earlier, Batesville had 19 runners with a personal best and they were: Adam Moster, Joshua Myers, Dillon Murray, Joseph Choi, John Thompson, Nathan Eckstein, Garrett Wagner, Kaleb McBeath, Adam Hollowell, Nathan Villani, Landon Gutzwiller, Mason Green, Mason Enneking, Liz Loichinger, Audrey Maupin, Trysta Vierling, Lexie Huber, Britany Venis and Ava Ralston.  Congratulations everyone!Batesville next meet is coming up on Saturday where they will travel to South Dearborn for their invitational.  Good Luck dogs!Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Lisa Gausman.last_img read more

Everton face battle to keep Baines

first_imgEverton face a battle to hang on to Leighton Baines after Manchester United had an opening bid for the England left-back rejected. United boss David Moyes, who does not technically begin work at Old Trafford until Monday, returned to his former club with a bid of about £12million for the defender, but Press Association Sport understands it was dismissed out of hand by Everton, who have stressed the 28-year-old is not for sale. While the Toffees are determined to maintain that stance it is unlikely to deter United, who can offer Baines Champions League football at a time when he is probably at the peak of his career. Press Associationcenter_img Last season the left-back created 116 chances – more than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues – and was named in the PFA Premier League Team of the Year for the second successive season. Baines has been Everton’s most consistent performer over the last couple of years and while they are not prepared to consider a sale the club value the player, who is close to deposing Ashley Cole as first choice in the national team, much higher. Manager Roberto Martinez, who succeeded Moyes at Goodison Park, is due back in the country on Friday after his commitments as an American television pundit for the Confederations Cup are over. He will meet his full squad for the first time when they return for pre-season training on Wednesday. The Spaniard stressed from the moment he was appointed he wanted to keep his squad intact – with midfielder Marouane Fellaini the other player linked with a number of clubs. Chairman Bill Kenwright reiterated that view on Wednesday when he said: “He (Roberto) wants to hold onto it but he also wants to bring in two or three players in the positions were we need them. “He hasn’t met the squad yet. The first step is to get the players back and get to know them and bring in two or three.” Kenwright reportedly claimed, in 2011, Baines was one of the four players he dare not sell – the others being Fellaini, new captain Phil Jagielka and goalkeeper Tim Howard. last_img read more

IOC pledges changes to bid process after Budapest exit

first_img(REUTERS) – The International Olympic Committee (IOC) pledged yesterday to make changes to the bidding process following the withdrawal of Budapest from the race to host the 2024 Games, leaving just two candidates.The Hungarian capital pulled the plug on its project following a collection of more than 200 000 signatures against the bid, with Paris and Los Angeles the only cities left in contention for the IOC vote in September.“It is disappointing that this (Budapest) decision had to be taken – the candidature committee had presented an excellent project, which has built on the reforms contained in Olympic Agenda 2020,” IOC spokesman Mark Adams said.“It also demonstrated that smaller cities and smaller countries can stage the Olympic Games in a feasible and sustainable way.”Agenda 2020 is a set of 40 reforms voted in back in 2014 to make the Games more appealing to potential host cities, reducing size and cost as well as its complexity.Critics have said that Agenda 2020 had so far failed to deliver given that eight cities have pulled out of the 2022 and 2024 campaigns.Rome, Hamburg, Boston and Budapest have all withdrawn from bidding for the 2024 summer Games while Oslo, Stockholm, Krakow and Ukraine’s Lviv pulled out during the race for the 2022 winter Games two years ago.The IOC said if it were not for the changes of Agenda 2020 no city would now be bidding for the Games.“With regard to the candidature procedure as such, the political situation in our fragile world requires us to make adjustments in this respect as the current procedure produces too many losers,” Adams said.Among the suggested changes are to confirm Paris and Los Angeles as the hosts of the next two Olympics, awarding two Games at the vote in September to give the IOC stability over a longer period of time.Some IOC members have expressed their opposition to such a move that carries increased financial and political risk given that the 2028 Games would be awarded 11 years in advance.“These adjustments will be discussed with all the stakeholders of the Olympic Movement. In the meantime, the candidature procedure for the Olympic Games 2024 will continue with the two excellent candidatures of Los Angeles and Paris,” Adams said.last_img read more

QPR sell Gorkss to Reading

first_imgReading have signed Kaspars Gorkss from QPR in a deal worth around £900,000.Rangers recently made the Latvian defender available for transfer and were keen for him to join Southampton, with winger Jason Puncheon possibly moving the other way.The Saints wanted Gorkss regardless of whether Neil Warnock remained interested in Puncheon following the Tony Fernandes-led takeover that increased the Rangers manager’s options in the transfer market.AdChoices广告But Reading moved for Gorkss after having a bid for centre-back Paul Robinson rejected by Millwall.Gorkss, who has agreed a three-year contract at the Madejski Stadium, made 124 appearances during his three-year spell at Loftus Road.He was desperate to be given a chance in the Premier League, but fell out of favour with Warnock and was then pushed further down the pecking order by the signings of Bruno Perone and Dan Shittu.last_img read more

USC workers reach agreement

first_imgThe UNITE HERE Local 11 Union announced they had reached a tentative contract agreement with the USC administration on Mar. 6. The union represents USC Hospitality and Auxiliary workers.The agreement has to be ratified by workers before it will take effect, per communications representative Ofelia Carrillo. A vote will take place all day Thursday and parts of Friday, and the count will take place the evening of the latter.This resolution will come after a series of rallies and protests supported by the Local 11 union and the Student Coalition Against Labor Exploitation (SCALE), which both seek to raise USC workers’ low wages and allocate full time hours. The most recent of these demonstrations mobilized hundreds around Tommy Trojan on Feb. 5. The rally followed the posting of a YouTube video that showed a USC worker confronting President C. L. Max Nikias about low wages.According to the union campaign, “Let’s Raise SC!” the average USC worker earns $18,800 a year. USC has not confirmed that number. Workers have expressed that the rising cost of living in L.A. has forced them to live in high-crime neighborhoods, face the threat of homelessness and prevented them from purchasing basic necessities.UPDATE: This post was updated to include information that the agreement would be voted on by hospitality workers at the end of the week.last_img read more

Freshmen and transfers bolster USC

first_imgA year ago, the USC women’s soccer team went about as low as it could go, suffering through 13 losses — the most for the program since its 1993 season.Veteran mainstay · Senior midfielder Samantha Johnson, who scored two goals last season, will welcome 20 new teammates in 2012. – Daily Trojan file photoBut after a slew of injuries in 2011, the Women of Troy are back, looking to rebound and get into the national picture.At points last season, as the losses mounted, it was difficult to believe that USC won an NCAA championship in 2007, a mere 14 years after the program’s creation.So coming off an uncharacteristically subpar season at 7-13 overall and 4-7 in the Pac-12, the program needed an infusion of young talent — transfers and freshmen. The initial reviews are promising, as this appears to be not only the most talented incoming class USC coach Ali Khosroshahin has ever recruited, but also a group that has heightened the level of enthusiasm surrounding the program.USC’s dress rehearsal for the 2012 season came in an exhibition match at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo on Aug. 11. Out of a roster of 34 players, 20 wore cardinal and gold for the first time. Showcasing their talent as new players, all three of USC’s goals involved freshmen. The final result was a 3-0 shutout over the Mustangs.“We’re a really young team, but I think that’s going to be one of our strengths,” said senior midfielder Samantha Johnson. “We’re going to have a lot of fresh legs and that’s a big advantage.”Entering her fourth season on the team, Johnson has played in almost every position on the field with the exception of goalie. Now the veteran, Johnson leads both on and off the field. With the defensive backfield fortified by new recruits, Johnson will return to her more customary role this season as an attacking player.“I’m making sure that we’re paying attention to the little details,” Johnson said. “Things like making sure that we’re sticking to the game plan and keeping everyone motivated during hard practices or hard times.”Though the team is adding depth, USC has seven of its 11 goal scorers from 2011, including top-scoring junior forward Elizabeth Eddy. In 2011, Eddy scored four goals, including two game winners.“So far, we have been working on team play a lot,” Eddy said. “We’re working on defending a lot but also on possession, and on just working well together.”The team officially kicked off its 2012 campaign last Friday against Cal State Fullerton, notching a come-from-behind victory, 3-2.“As a group we’re getting more and more acclimated,” Khosroshahin said. “With 20 new players, obviously it’s going to take some time for everyone to get on the same page, but this group has definitely embraced their roles, and they’re working very, very hard. They’re eager to get out there and represent USC.”last_img read more

Torino Star Belotti Is Milan Boss’ Top Striking Target

first_imgRelated Highly rated Torino striker Andrea Belotti is reportedly the no.1 target for AC Milan manager Vicenzo Montella as the club continue the search for a formidable goalscorer.As per the report from Italian website gianlucadimarzio.com, Montella is keen on Belotti and AC Milan have offered €40m plus forward M’baye Niang and defender Gabriel Paletta) though his buyout clause is €100m or €80m plus Niang and Paletta. It is however believed that an offer of €60m and the previously mentioned Milan players has been agreed to secure Belotti’s transfer.Italian international Andrea Belotti has been linked with several European heavyweights this summer as reward for a stellar season the last time out. He has been linked with Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and many more.last_img

Chelsea clinch title as Eden Hazard seals win over Crystal Palace

first_imgThe trophy will be presented only on the last day of the season, but Chelsea won their fifth English Premier League crown on Sunday after a 1-0 win against Crystal Palace.Eden Hazard dived to head home the title-winning penalty after having his initial kick saved at the Stamford Bridge. Chelsea started slowly and it was Crystal Palace who seemed the most intent on attacking in the early stages, but nevertheless the Blues controlled the ball for most of the first half.The home side still created the most chances, Juan Cuadrado firing over early in the first half.Chelsea took the lead when Hazard dived into James McArthur into the box to win a penalty, and then headed in his own missed attempt from the spot kick. In the second half, Jose Mourinho provoked the critics by immediately removing Cuadrado for the much more defensive John Obi Mikel, and Chelsea set about dominating possession but doing little with it.Branislav Ivanovic went closest for Chelsea towards the end of the half, but Chelsea were happy to take the single-goal victory to seal the title. The Blues have won the title with three games to spare.–Follow Gary on Twitter: @garyalsmithlast_img read more